Lifestyle, Travel and Personal Blog

Volunteering in Africa

| On
Friday, January 22, 2016

















In August, for 3 Weeks, I will be travelling to Tanzania in Africa to volunteer on the childcare project. When I was 16 I went on a missionary with my church at the time and it was one of the greatest experiences.  However, my dream has always been to travel to Africa to help those in need. Due to logistical and financial reasons, I never thought this dream could be possible, until I discovered International Volunteer HQ.

During my trip I will be placed in an orphanage in Arusha, Tanzania where I will help with the general running of the orphanage, teaching, cooking, cleaning, farm work, and caring for the children and babies. On the weekends I will be able to explore the culture and the many beautiful sites that the country has to offer, including Mt. Kilimanjaro, safaris, waterfalls, Zanzibar, etc. 

I hope to broaden my world view and come back home with new perspectives and unforgettable memories I will carry with me through my entire life. But most of all I hope to put a smile on those children's faces every day I am there and give them a feeling of love and comfort that they deserve - even if I am only there for a short time. The thought of travelling on an 18 hour journey alone is petrifying yet this is something I feel I really need to do.






Even though IVHQ has much more affordable prices compared to other programs, traveling abroad still comes at a high price. Thankfully I have money saved up and will continue to keep my part-time job while at Uni during studying which funds all my personal costs. However, if you are able to donate any amount of money to help for supplies, toys, games and clothes for the children I will be forever grateful. I will keep a diary and take snaps of where your money will go! 


Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this message and for your support! I can’t even express how excited and grateful to have this opportunity in front of me. 





Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9